Views: 0 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2023-01-11 Origin: Site
OEM forgings refer to workpieces or blanks obtained by forging of metal blanks. OEM forgings require each part to be consistent without porosity, inclusions or other imperfections. This process produces components with a high strength to weight ratio. The advantages of OEM forgings are expandable length; retractable length, expandable cross section; variable length, variable cross section.
How can the quality of OEM forgings be ensured?
What are the quality advantages of OEM forgings?
What is the actual use value of OEM forgings?
1. Metallographic examination
Elements such as carbide distribution, grain size and decarburization depth can be inspected with a metallographic microscope to observe the state of the fracture structure of OEM forgings.
2. Mechanical properties
The test points of mechanical properties are mainly hardness, tensile strength and impact resistance. Sometimes, depending on the design requirements of the parts, it can also be used for cold bending and fatigue tests.
The above quality test points are sometimes used separately according to the design requirements and actual production conditions, sometimes they are tested individually, and sometimes they are sampled according to each batch of OEM forgings. Quality testing can be used to assess whether the forgings are qualified. In the case of defective forgings, the causes must be analyzed and measures to avoid errors proposed.
1. Save raw materials. For example, for a 17 kg deadweight crankshaft used in automobiles, chips are 189% of the crankshaft weight when the rolling material is used for cutting and forging, while in die forging only chips are 30% and machining time is reduced by 1/6.
Precision forged OEM forgings not only save more raw materials, but also more machining hours.
2. High productivity. For example, two hot forging presses are used for forging axial bearings, which can replace 30-speed cutting machines. When using the automatic compression machine for the production of M24 nuts, the productivity of the six-axis automatic lathe is 17.5x.
3. Free forging has great flexibility. Therefore, forging processes are often used in some repair factories to manufacture various accessories.
1. Forging machines and equipment, such as hammer head, hammer rod, hydraulic press column, cylinder block, axle press column and cylinder block, etc.
2. OEM forgings can be used as modular forgings, mainly forging dies for hot die forging hammers.
3. Forged parts used in automotive industry, such as left and right axle knuckles, front beams, couplings, etc. According to statistics, forgings in automobiles account for 80% of their mass.
4. OEM forgings for locomotives such as axles, wheels, leaf springs, crankshafts of locomotives, etc. According to statistics, forgings in locomotives account for 60% of their mass.
Qingdao Thinkwell Hardware Machinery Co., Ltd. was founded in 2011 and focuses on design, development and sales of forging hardware products. The main products are lifting and sling accessories, rod line hardware, marine hardware, etc.